Site Navigation

Choctaw Guardianship

mother and child at homeA minor or an incapacitated adult with special needs cannot make any decisions for themselves. That is why the need for a legal guardian (appointed by the court or a dependent’s will) is necessary, especially if their biological parents are no longer around to take care of them.

Under the Oklahoma Guardianship and Conservative Act, guardianships can be granted for minors in Oklahoma, partially and fully incapacitated persons, property in Choctaw belonging to a minor or an incapacitated person outside Choctaw, and property coming into the control of a guardian who is under Oklahoma laws.

The parents of an individual are considered as his natural guardians, that’s why any other person has no right or power to be a guardian unless otherwise appointed by any Oklahoma court. Guardianship involves the responsibility for a child’s (or incapacitated person’s) personal, financial, medical, emotional concerns, and his overall well-being.

If you find yourself concerned about a child or another person and you want to be his guardian, a guardianship lawyer from the Oklahoma City Divorce Attorney can help.

Call Oklahoma City Divorce Attorney at (405) 451-3346 now to consult with one of our law experts.

Get Legal Help From a Guardianship Attorney

Family Law OfficeTo be successful in being chosen by the court as a guardian, hiring an Choctaw, OK guardianship lawyer will give you an extra hand in court. In this trying time, a compassionate and empathetic lawyer can assist and guide you in being the appointed guardian. The Oklahoma City Divorce Attorney provides you with high-quality legal support from outstanding lawyers in Choctaw. Should you have any questions, contact us at (405) 451-3346.

Book a consultation now by calling the Oklahoma City Divorce Attorney at (405) 451-3346!